The App Dataflows screen allows the users of Syntasa to choose and save diagrams of how specific production apps are interconnected. Users may also choose to have a diagram that displays how all production apps are interconnected.
Steps for Creating an App Dataflow
- Click the green and white plus icon near top-right
- Provide a unique name and detailed description
- Select the apps desired for the dataflow from the drop down
- Select whether this diagram should be shown on the Home Screen
- Click Create
Managing and Viewing an App Dataflow
Options exist to edit a dataflow and to delete a dataflow.
- To delete a dataflow, click the red and white trash can on the far right of the row of the dataflow that is desired to be deleted
- To edit a dataflow, click the black pencil on the right side of the dataflow row. Make an necessary changes and click Update.
Interacting with the App Flow Diagram
The actions a user can take on the App Flow Diagram are to change the positioning of the apps on the diagram and view details on an app.
Change How Apps are Positioned
Clicking on the dataflow name link will bring the user to the actual app flow diagram. On this screen an user can view how all the selected apps are interconnected and change the positioning of the apps on the diagram. After changing the position of the apps on the diagram, a click on the Save button will persist the changes.
Viewing Details of an App
Users can view the details of an app by clicking on the respective app, and a window will appear that provides some detail of the app with a clickable link to the actual app workflow, a Jobs summary tab, and any existing dependencies.