The Adobe API process provides the ability pull in the Adobe custom variable definitions into the Adobe Analytics Input Adapter app creating a Report Schema output that provides the details and rules for each eVar, s.Prop and Event. Custom variable definitions allows the ability to create user friendly labels in the Syntasa processed data. Connecting the Adobe API also allows for Syntasa to run queries against the Adobe Analytics reporting API and turn on the automated audit comparing Adobe and Syntasa data. Report Schema process output node connects directly to the Event Enrich node.
Pre-requisite: If using the API, an API connection must be established on the Connections screen and connected to the process node
- Click on the Adobe API process node
- In the Parameters section select API or File Upload
- API or File Upload
- API - the app will pull a list of report suites, select the relevant report suite
- File Upload - manually extract the schema and save into a JSON file (steps for this will be discussed in a separate section), select the location of the file and upload
- Click the down arrow
- The app will pull the schema
- The process node will turn dark green if successful
- Click on the Report Schema output node to validate the data is available
- Data is available for Event Enrich to create field labels and do utilize the Syntasa auto-fill feature
If the process node is setup correctly the Report Schema output node will display the Events, eVars and s.Props of the report suite. When configuring Event Enrich mappings, auto-fill will populate all the custom variables into cust_fields and cust_metrics, including labels. The custom variable labels will also be found in the Function mapping for each variable.