The main menu is accessed via the menu icon ( ) in the top left of the header of the application. The following menus and submenus are available:
Create, edit, and view apps that have been built in the environment. The apps are organized into groups based on functionality and templates available for each function:
- Synthesizer - Apps that bring in data from an external data source(s) and prepare datasets.
- Composer - Apps that apply AI and ML models to extract actionable intelligence from customer data.
- Orchestrator - Apps that build integrations with enterprise systems delivering important data points, e.g. customer attributes, helping to make analysis driven model attributes actionable.
- Favorites - Filtered list of apps that the signed-in user has starred.
The Syntasa Audience Solution provides users with Data Management Platform (DMP) capabilities of organizing centralized behavioral and non-behavioral user data into attributes, combining attributes to create audience segments, and passing the audiences to downstream systems, such as Demand Side Platforms (DSP), Facebook, Yahoo!, Google Analytics, Nielsen.
- Data Layers - A data layer is a foundation where users define the building blocks that can be used to create attributes. At its simplest, the creation of a data layer consists of selecting the data sets that are needed to design attributes.
- Apps - Utilizing the Audiences feature requires several steps to create and send audiences to downstream systems. The apps section is where users build attributes, audiences, and select the audiences to send to downstream systems.
- Activation - As of Syntasa 5.2, the menu and icon are only available to users with the role of System Admin. The activation screens allow for viewing and updating the schedules for all audience related apps, i.e. attributes, audiences, sync. The optimal setting of these schedules can be reviewed and/or set up by Syntasa staff or the environment's system administrator.
Create building block elements that apps utilize to input, output, and store enriched data.
- Connections - Inbound and outbound file integrations are defined.
- Event Stores - Database and file directories that Syntasa apps write data to.
- ID Stores - Set of databases and file directories that Syntasa ID graph apps write data to.
- Intelligence Hub - A NoSQL database storage location to post Composer model customer attributes into a centralized location.
- Process - Process templates, also known as User Defined Processes (UDP), gives the ability for a user to create a new, custom process that then can be (re)used in apps by dragging them into the workflow canvas as can be done with the system defined processes.
This is where various Runtimes for processing will be defined. Runtime is where the size and configuration of the data processing cluster are determined.
The App Dataflows screen allows the users of Syntasa to choose and save diagrams of how specific production apps are interconnected.
The Job Tracker screen allows users to get a summary view of the last running of all jobs across all apps running in the respective instance of Syntasa. This screen can be used to gain a quick understanding of the scheduling of jobs ran successfully or an understanding of all the production jobs running for a particular app or module.