Available in May 2022, the latest version of the Syntasa platform brings two highly-requested features, integrated notebooks and native real-time streaming jobs, to the product. We've also further improved the product assistant and added several new database and file types that can be used as inputs.
- Notebook integration - Syntasa notebooks bring the power and ease of notebooks into the Syntasa ecosystem. Syntasa notebooks utilize a tailored version of JupyterHub, bringing together Jupyter notebook functionality with cloud environment resources managed within the Syntasa platform, to provide shareable autoscaling Spark cluster notebooks supporting Python and Scala languages.
- Native real-time streaming support - The Syntasa platform is flexible and had been able to support streaming use cases like fraud detection that require real-time scoring, but the job configuration for such solutions was nonstandard.
Now real-time streaming is included natively in the platform. All necessary resources such as jobs, connections, processes, etc. are available and intuitive for creating and monitoring streaming apps.
- New data input types - Syntasa empowers you to build data pipelines and models quickly with apps utilizing the drag-and-drop workflow canvas. The canvas is powerful because of the many off-the-shelf connections and processes, pre-packaged with the needed configuration options and algorithms built-in so that you can get to results faster. We're constantly adding new connections, input types, and processes to expand the number of available ingredients at your disposal:
- Athena database - Athena database is available in JDBC connections and the From DB process.
- Parquet file - Parquet file type is available in the From File process.
- Product assistant - With our improved product assistant, you’ll get feedback earlier and more often as you’re using Syntasa. This real-time feedback helps avoid common mistakes and saves time by alerting you if you’re creating a process that might produce unexpected results. Improved and added validations:
- Intelligence Hub - This feature is only available on Syntasa environments installed within a GCP environment. Thus this option is now hidden in other types of installations.
- Streaming connection testing - New connection types like socket and Adobe Live stream can be tested at the time of creating the connection.