As described in Files Overview, file upload objects allow users to directly upload files into the cloud storage that the Syntasa platform is installed. This is useful to load small files for experimentation and testing, especially for users without direct access to the cloud storage.
The Files page is available from the main menu () and then selecting the Files menu that is found under Resources. The list shows those file upload objects that have been defined and the current user has access (see Security Overview).
Reviewing existing file upload objects
The Files page displays a variety of information, some fields are only available based on the value of a dependent field. The below describes the various fields and explains when each is applicable:
- Name - Name of the files upload object given at the time of creating the entry. This will be seen in the file object node within apps in future releases.
- No. of files - Simply the number of files that have been uploaded to the file upload object.
- Size - The total size of all files that have been uploaded to the file upload object.
- Type - This is chosen when creating a file upload object and can only be changed when no files are associated with the object.
- Format - As noted in Files Overview, the format field is available for file upload objects using the Data type.
- In Use - To be used in the future when file upload objects are available in apps.
- Tags - Tags are available to categorize most objects throughout the Syntasa platform, e.g, apps, notebooks, dashboards, connections, etc.
- Owner - Related to the Sharing setting, this is the owner of the file upload object. By default, this is the user that created the object, but it can be changed.
- Sharing - As described in Security Overview, this indicates the sharing option that is set for the file upload object.
- Modified By - Displays the name of the user that last modified the file upload object.
- Modified Date - Displays the date and time the file upload object was updated, shown in the format according to the language of the browser.
- Created At - Displays the date and time the file upload object was created, shown in the format according to the language of the browser.